LAVA and Dixon Place present the world premiere of
April 23 to May 4, 2014
Created and performed by a cast of diverse artists who push the boundaries of gender conformity, ensemble unity and audience activation, LAVA’s 13th evening-length dance work, TRACKS, connects the human to the geologic through landscapes that are metaphorical, scientific and visceral. From the limestone of the land to the limestone in our bones, LAVA's intrepid crew navigates, deconstructs, and liberates the classic hero's journey, creating a connective expedition of desert trails, mountainous emotional passages, ocean crossings, and voluntary and involuntary voyages.
- Conceived and directed by Sarah East Johnson
- Created and performed by Ashley Brockington, Kiebpoli Calnek, Molly Chanoff, Hilary Chapman, Sarah Dey Hirshan, Lollo Romanski, Sarah East Johnson, Nyx Zierhut and Fe Fox
- Original music by DJ Tikka Masala
- Lighting Design by Alison May
- Dramaturgy and Directorial Collaboration by Mimi McGurl
- Costumes by Jocelyn Davis and the company
- Videos by Sarah East Johnson
TRACKS is commissioned and presented by Dixon Place with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a State Agency; and the City of New York Department of Cultural Affairs; and with private funds from the Mertz Gilmore Foundation.